Does Hair Transplant Really Work?
The aim of doing a hair transplant is to increase the density of hair on the specific area of the head where the hair growth is less or almost nil. A hair transplant is done by taking the hair from the thicker side of the scalp or any part of the body and implanting it in the bald or thinning section of the scalp. It is known to be another form of restoration method. Hair transplant is comparatively more successful than using the over the counter hair restoration products.
There are various other factors which you need to follow:
- The transplanted hair will also thin over a period of time like the regular hair.
- About 80% of the transplanted hair will grow to its fullest within a span of three to six months.
- A hair transplant will not work on the people who have dormant hair.
So basically hair transplant is mainly done for restoring the hair in case the person is balding or has lost the hair because of some sort of injury. Modern hair transplants are being performed by using the existing hair, hence they are proven to be effective on the people who have:
- Hair falls are caused because of powerful medications or chemotherapy.
- Widespread hair thinning or baldness.
- Hairloss due to accident or major injury.
It is a major process but in simple words, hair transplanting is done by taking the hair from certain areas of the body and grafts in the bald or hair thinning section of the scalp. The doctors prefer to take the hairs from the backside of the head but the hair can also be taken from other parts of the backside of the head also has the hair thinning issues.
Jut before the surgery, the doctor will sterilize the particular area where the hair will be taken and then numbs it through local anesthesia. The patient can also ask the doctor for sedation which will keep him or her asleep during the entire procedure.
Then the surgery is performed either by Follicular unit transplantation or Follicular unit extraction.
How much does a hair transplant cost?
The cost of a hair transplant may vary from place to place. However, the estimated cost of doing hair transplants can range from Rs 45,000 to Rs 1,35,000 per session. Apart from this, the final cost depends on the following factors:
- Presence of surgeon in your city
- The overall experience of the surgeon
- Hair transplant procedure
- The surgical technique that has been chosen
What are the side effects of a hair transplant?
The following are the most common side effects of hair transplant:
- Itching, swelling, and pain in the scalp
- No sensation in the surgical area
- Continuous loss of the hair if the person has a balding problem
- Inflammation of folliculitis
New Lease of Life
C-119, Ground floor,
5th cross, Thillai Nagar,
+91 84898 91000 | 84898 93000