What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a medical procedure that helps in removing the fats from the body which cannot be diminished through heavy exercise or diet. The cosmetic surgeon does this treatment on the hips, belly, backs, arms, thighs, face, and chin for giving the perfect structure to the body. However, it can also be performed with several other types of plastic surgeries such as tummy tucks, facelifts, or breast reduction
Who is a good candidate for liposuction?
Liposuction is a surgical process that also has little risk. So the patient should be physically fit before going for this procedure. The following are some of the requirements:
- The skin should have elasticity.
- He or she should avoid smoking.
- The weight of the body should be normal.
What are things you should know before going for Liposuction?
Following are the steps that you need to follow before going for Liposuction:
- Firstly you need to consult with a board-certified cosmetic surgeon.
- Discuss the benefits, costs, and side effects of this procedure.
- Once you have decided to go for this procedure, follow all the instructions directed by your doctor.
- Feel free to tell him about all your health problems that include health supplements or medications.
What are the types of liposuction?
The following are the common types of liposuction that you must need to know:
- Tumescent Liposuction: In this process, the surgeon will inject a sterile solution in that specific area where the fat will be removed. This solution will immensely help in suctioning of the fat with lesser pain.
- Manual Liposuction: The surgeon uses a two-stage technique in the manual liposuction where the site is penetrated through the predetermined wetting solution which is followed by evacuation.
- Power-Assisted Liposuction: Power-assisted liposuction works on a principle that is common to all kinds of liposuction. The surgeon removes fat from the body which are resisted to exercise and dieting by using power assistance which more less damaging and pain free than manual liposuction. It also gives a precise contour correction.
- Ultra assisted Liposuction: Here the doctor makes use of sound wave energy beneath the skin for breaking down the cell walls of the fat. When the fats are liquefied, they can easily be removed.
- SmartLipo: It is a laser technique where the fats are burst out and further convert them into liquid .
What are the side effects of Liposuction?
The following are the side effects of Liposuction:
- Complications after giving local anesthesia.
- Excessive bleeding/Hematoma
- Fluid formation/Seroma
- Negative reactions from surgical equipment.
- Damage caused by nerves, muscle, and blood vessels.
Are the result of the Liposuction Permanent?
Yes, the result is permanent. This because the fats are being removed from the body permanently. But the person can even gain weight with new fat cells. To maintain the perfect body structure, you have to maintain a proper diet and exercise.
New Lease of Life
C-119, Ground floor,
5th cross, Thillai Nagar,
+91 84898 91000 | 84898 93000